Tuesday 20 April 2010

Hola

Hola...:)

My name is Saira and I've decided to follow the crowd and make a blog. I've always been a bit dubious about these blog things, firstly, because I'm a bit of a technological retard and secondly I've always thought them a bit emo - but over the past couple of days the idea of it seems to have become more and more enticing... so I've let go of the horns and let it lure me in. It was gonna happen eventually, I guess. It's like this whole new trend of JEGGINGS. I was so anti the strange but beautiful legging/jean hybrid, half thinking the word sounded like some tactless insult...but look who's gone and got a few pairs and now wears them week in week out. Yup, that's me.

Talking about the fascinating wonder that is jeggings, I intend this blog to be not so much about my amazing, exciting superlife, but to be more about garments, clothes, the World of Fashion. My original plan for when I grew up was to get into some sort of sector of the fashion industry, but due to laziness on my part I kinda messed up my Art GCSE and AS Level and in turn it made me sort of resent the whole thing. So now, four years later, I'm in my third (but not final) year of studying Arabic&English at Leeds University. Don't get me wrong, English is pretty cool - and Arabic is even cooler, but I just don't have any real overwhelming passion for them. Unlike fashion, which takes up a lot of my thinking time. So, all in all, this blog will (hopefully) be a little shiny red vehicle for me to express my love for clothes.

As I am certain blogs make you more in touch with your emo side, I'm running the risk of slowly developing a strong desire for a side fringe, masses of eyeliner and star tattoos - but this is a risk I'm willing to take. I'm not sure how popular this blog will get and I'm not too bothered if it ends up being only me (although it's always nice to look popular ;) ) tracking myself, but hey, let's wait and see...

Wish me luck trying to figure this thing out!


... now where did I put that Panic! At The Disco CD...

No comments:

Post a Comment