Wednesday 19 May 2010

War! Huh! What is it Good For?

...Absolutely Nothing! - Apart from the clothes that is. The Military Look; distinguished, structured, rebellious and dishevelled all at the same time. For me, this style ranks higher than any other. The fashion world, for decades now, has embraced the soldierly look and it marches back into fashion almost every couple of years, so it's always worth holding onto purchases from the past. Looking towards popular culture for inspiration, people such as Michael Jackson and Adam Ant epitomised the style, but this season we welcome a more subtle, elegant way to rock the military look. Frogging details give an edge to pretty feminine dresses, epaulettes and badges adorn shirts, khaki enjoys a prime position in this seasons colour hierarchy and utility trousers are ubiquitous. A military jacket can instantly transform any outfit, as shown above, in French designer Balmain's spring/summer collection, which was heavily militarily influenced. Another key garment to have in your wardrobe, is the military shirt. Pretty common amongst mens clothing, the military shirt has joined in with the girls and is a great way to give an effortlessly regal yet casual twist to your clothes, as shown by Alexa Chung below.


I seem to have gone slightly military mad and have done quite a few posts about girls clothes, guys clothes and my own clothes...
Welcome to my Military Style Extravaganzaaaaa!




Alexa Chung in a military shirt
Coldplay
Rihanna in a Balmain military jacket.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I absolutely love that collection and I'm a jacket-lover so I couldn't not appriciate this post!
    Visit me and if you want follow my blog:
    http://wheresthegoodgonegirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete