Wednesday 19 May 2010

The Libertine



I recently went to Portabello Road with a couple of friends for my birthday and was delighted by every little tiny, crook and cranny detail of it. I felt myself morphing into a magpie, being distracted by every shiny antiquey vintagey object and flapping over to every stall in sight. I later found an army clothes stall and fell in love with a red libertine style military jacket, not unlike the one Cheryl Cole wears in that 'Fight for this Love' video, but a lot more authentic looking, like it had actually been through the wars. I spied with my magpie eye two more red military jackets when we moved onto Camden Market, one actually descending from the 1800's. But alas, I supressed my frivolous fancies as they were all a bit out of reach price wise for me. I shall own one one day though, it is written in the stars. I know it. Anyway, for now, I have soldiered on and have a bit more of a toned down but still as exquisite (in my humble opinion) version, in cardigan form.

Military Cardigan, Rare. Top, Topshop. Belt, Asos. Tights, by House of Holland at Asos&Topshop.




This bag was one of my many purchases from Portobello Road. I saw it from across the market, hanging gracefully from a stall shelf, and like a siren, I followed its allure and headed straight for it. Its an authentic army satchel from 1950's France, complete with a leather interior and the guy who sold it to me (people say Londoners aren't friendly, but I think Portobello is the exception) had fixed and stitched up a few distressed bits here and there. For £35, I think it would have been a crime not to have bought it, I can now sling a little piece of history over my arm whenever I like.


2 comments:

  1. you look amazing! :D
    i love the red and these wonderful accessories. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you!:)
    nice blog btw x

    ReplyDelete